The freshwater youth fishing pond at Frank Brown Park is truly delightful, and is a community highlight. The walking area extends all the way around it and if you aren’t there to fish, you can at the very minimum enjoy the sights at the park. All types of wild birds, including Heron and Pelicans can often be seen during a stroll around the fishing pond.
Normally it’s very quiet, and can provide a relaxing walk in a beautiful setting. The lake is located in the far northwest corner of the park, right past the dog park area.
More About the Pond
- The freshwater youth fishing pond contains (2) walk-out fishing piers.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by someone 16 or over to fish here.
- Most fish caught must be put back, as this fishing pond is here so that youngsters can learn to fish.
- There is also a limit on the types of fish if caught you can take home with you.
- Be mindful of your surroundings for Alligators. This is Florida!
- No Swimming is allowed in the pond.
To keep up to date about events occurring at the park that will make use of this fishing pond, we suggest that subscribe to our site’s email newsletter today.